Sunday, May 14, 2006

 

Jump Rope Songs and Rhymes

Kookaburra sits in the old GUM tree
Merry, merry king of the BUSH is he,
Laugh kookaburra, luagh Kookabuura, gay your life must be.


Counting

One Two buckle my shoe
One two buckle my shoe Three four close the door Five six pick up sticks Seven eight shut the gate Nine ten start again {continue until someone makes a mistake}

When I was three

When I was three I banged my knee
When I was four I shut the door
When I was five I learned to jive
When I was six I picked up sticks
When I was seven I went to heaven
When I was eight I learned to skate
When I was nine I climbed a vine
When I was ten I caught a hen,

16 Bluebirds
Sixteen bluebirds sitting on a fence.
Flapped their wings and started to dance.
Upward, downward, All along the line,
Brightly preened and looking fine!
Count 1, 2, 3 . . . . .



Christopher Columbus Sailed the ocean blue
In fourteen hundred And ninety-two.

Robin Hood, Robin Hood dressed so good,
Got as many kisses as he could.
How many kisses did he get? 1, 2, 3 . . . . .


Butterfly, Butterfly, throws a kiss, kiss, kiss,Butterfly, Butterfly, get out before you miss, miss, miss.


Bubble gum, Bubble gum in a dish how many pieces do you wish?1..2..3..4..5..


What would a woodchuck chop if a woodchuck could chop woodIf the woodchuck could chp wood how much wood would the woodchuck chop

Not Last Night but the night before.Twenty-four robbers came knocking at my door,They called me out for the world to see,And this is what they said to me--'Spanish dancer turn around,Spanish dancer touch the ground,Spanish dancer do the kicks,Spanish dancer do the splits!'(the child should do each of the commands while skipping * ( the "splits" is more like making a V)
Spanish dancer, do the split.Spanish dancer, give a kick.Spanish dancer, turn around.Spanish dancer, get out of town.
Spanish dancer, do the splits,Spanish dancer, do high kicks.Spanish dancer, clicks a shoe, Spanish dancer, chooses YOU!

Spelling Hipp-o-pot-a-musYou've got the hip (put hand on hip)The "O" (put arms up in the air in the shape of an O)The "Pot" (put arms in front of you -- still in the O shape -- imagine you're hugging a big pot in front of you)The "Toe" (lift one of your legs up and touch your toe with your hand)And the "Miss"! (stop the skipping rope by jumping over it, one leg on each side, when it's on the ground)(the child should do each of the commands while skipping (er, the "splits" is more like making a V with your legs unless you're really talented)
How do you spell Mississippi?M (cross arms over chest)I (point to your eye)S Crooked letter (cross legs and jump)S Crooked letter (cross legs and jump)I (point to eye)P Hunch back P Hunch backI!


I'm a little Dutch girlDressed in blue.
These are the thingsI like to do:
Salute to the captain,
Bow to the queen,
Turn by back On the submarine.
I can do the tap dance,
I can do the split,
I can do the holka polka
Just like this.


more here
http://www.homeschool.co.uk/resource/skipping-rope-jump-rope-hopscotch-songs.html

Honey Bear, Honey Bear touch the ground Honey Bear, Honey Bear turn around Honey Bear Honey Bear how old are you? 1...2...3...4...


MY NAME IS ALICE: Jump Rope Rhymes




Had a little sports car 1949,
Took it around the co-o-o-orner
[Person jumping has to get out, go around one end person, and jump back in]
Slammed on the brakes,
Police man caught me, put me in jail,
All I had to drink was diet ginger ale,
For 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10- etc. [Thanks to Janine]




Blue Bells
Taco shells
Evvie ivy over
I like coffee, I like tea, I like the boys and the boys like me!
Yes no maybe so
(Repeat till mess up) (Thanks to Brent and Lorena)




My boyfriend's name is Fatty,
He comes from Cincinatti,
With 48 toes
And a dimple on his nose,
And this is how my story goes:
I L-O-V-E love him,
I'll K-I-S-S kiss him,
I'll H-U-G hug him
In the p-a-r-k park park park.
My boyfriend gave me peaches.
My boyfriend gave me pears.
My boyfriend gave me 50 cents to kiss him on the stairs.
I gave him back his peaches.
I gave him back his pears.
I gave him back his 50 cents
And kicked him down the stairs. (Thanks to Azlyn).


Teacher, teacher
Oh so tired
How many times did you get fired?
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, (etc.) (Thanks to Tiffany)

Not last night but the night before,
twenty-four robbers came knocking at my door

I asked them what they wanted, and this is what they said:

Spanish Dancer do the splits, the twist, the turnaround and touch the ground, and out the back door

Spanish Dancer please come back, back, sit on a tack, read a book and do not look,
(jump with eyes closed, everyone counting out loud: 1, 2, 3,
4, 5... until you miss) (Thanks to this excellent jump rope website)

A my name is Alice and my husband's name is Andy and we come from Alabama and we sell apples
B my name is Betty and my husband's name is Bob and we come from Buffalo and we sell bananas
C my name is Connie and my husband's name is Cornelius and we come from Cucamonga and we sell cell phones[Etc.]

1 potato, 2 potato, 3 potato, 4
5 potato, 6 potato, 7 potato more.
Acha bacha, cucaracha, out goes Y-O-U

Cinderella, dressed in yella
Went upstairs to see her fellow,
How many kisses did she get?..one...two... [Thanks to Arachne]

Another version:

Cinderella, dressed in yella,
Went upstairs to kiss a fella,
Made a mistake, kissed a snake,
How many doctors will it take?
2-4-6-8 etc [Thanks to Janine]


Another version:
Cinderella dressed in green,
Went upstairs to get ice cream,
By mistake,
She spilled her shake,
How many napkins did it take? [Thanks to Jannie C.]


Teddy Bear, Teddy Bear,
Turn around (turn around)
Teddy Bear, Teddy Bear,
Touch the ground (touch the ground)
Teddy Bear, Teddy Bear,
Tie your shoe (hit your shoe)
Teddy Bear, Teddy Bear,
How old are you?
1-2-3-4........... (etc)...[Thanks to Emily]


Cinderella dressed in yellow
Went upstairs to kiss a fellow
Made a mistake and kissed a snake
How many doctors did it take? One...Two...Three... [Thanks to T.L. DelaPuente]

Apple on a stick makes me sick, makes my tummy go 246,
Not because I'm dirty, not because I'm clean, not because I
Kissed a boy behind a magazine.
Uh - oh here comes Nette with her pants on tight! she can wiggle,
She can wobble, she can do the splitz, but I betcha $20.00 that she can't do
This!
1-2-3-4...[Thanks to MiniMaidens]

Nette and Kenneth sitting in a tree K-i-s-s-i-n-g
How many kisses did she get? ...one...two... [Thanks to Arachne]
OR
Nette and Kenneth sitting in a tree
K-i-s-s-i-n-g
First comes love
Then comes marriage
Then comes xxxxxxx in a baby carriage [where xxx is another kid in the game.] [Thanks to Kmkat]

Down in the valley where the green grass grows
there sat Nette, sweet as a rose
she sang, she sang, she sang so sweet
along came Kenneth, and kissed her on the cheek
how many kisses did she get that week?
1, 2, 3, 4.... [Thanks to Sam I Am]

Sea shells, cockle shells
Evie Ivy Over
My dog's name is Rover
He died in last October
How many doctors did it take?
1, 2, 3, 4..... [Thanks to Sam I Am]



Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?